Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

jQuery is undefined in IE / spservices is null or not an object in IE

I just hated this error when I was working with JQuery. It is working perfectly OK with other browsers but in IE it just makes me crazy.

Then I figured out problem and that was the referencing of files.

I was using  jquery-1.6.1.min.js file from Internet and this file jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.min.js from document library.

Actually the problem with those files were I was referring jquery-1.6.1.min.js from Web and jquery.SPServices-0.6.2.min.js  from document Library and then I downloaded the jquery-1.6.1.min.js file and uploaded to document library where I have put the other file. Then it works like charm.

Disha Shah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Disha.....I too have same issue with my jquery. I will try it.

    ReplyDelete